Saturday, March 1, 2008


Today I dusted off a couple of my bows and shot them ,for the first time ,since last fall. My first four arrows were all good shots around the bulls eye .I shot about thirty more shots and got progressively worse as I got more tired and my fingers got cold and sore. Tonight I'm feeling allot of muscles I haven't used in a while. I hope the weather stays decent so I can get in some practice this week. These bows are a couple of Mongolian replicas ,that my friend Tom Shorey made. He has made hundreds of bows, in styles of ancient cultures from around the world. Chinese, Persian ,Indian, Turkish,Mongolian, and others .He made them from aircraft grade aluminum but they look like the authentic composite bows made from wood and bone .They are hand painted and are true works of art. They are very powerful and allot of fun to shoot. The pictures don't do them justice. Well that's about all I can bear to type, the old traditional bows really do a number on your fingers until you develop some calluses. I hope I'm not to sore to shoot tomorrow.

No comments: