Friday, March 7, 2008



I was cold and gray here today ,with the weekend looking decent, but looking cold and rainy next week. I sure get allot more done on the warm sunny days than this dreary stuff,but at least the day will be longer with the time change this weekend. I was down on the beach other other day at low tide and found about a dozen of these little oyster farms. I have never seen things like them before. Some of them had a couple dozen oysters in each bag, these were all empty. I don't know where the oysters went from this one because the bags were sealed up. Someone must be trying to seed the area with oysters, but I cant imagine who would be doing it. They went to a great deal of effort and expense but there was no names or identification. of any kind. they were spread over more than a mile of beach and I guessing there are many more in water that is to deep to see.Ive seen them grow in bags off docks ,but this is very different . I'm guessing that some private person ,or possibly an Indian tribe put them out ,the state would have marked them . I don't think they have much chance of working to seed the beach because it is the wrong type of beach ,but I hope it works. Politics is getting more absurd every day. At least I am starting to hear allot more talk about changing the primary system .If the democrats don't do something to fix their mess in Florida and Michigan soon I think there is going to be big protests and if the super delegates overthrow the popular vote there will be riots at the convention . I hope there is no violence but I hope it brings the issue up long enough so that people don't forget about it for four or eight more years. I think by election time comes voters will be so sick of the three candidates and the price of gas will be so high , nobody bother driving to the polls. McCain looks more and more like a older crankier hot headed version of Bush . Hilliary looks more and more like a untrustworthy conniving , bit(# , and Obama is all hopes and dreams and magic with no substance. God help us---one of these will lead us?

No comments: